Saturday, September 29, 2007

Don't know why I would still be able to recall this name after so many years---Mary Jo Kopechne. Wonder what she would think of this statement? Brings to mind the old bumper sticker, one of my favorites: Teddy Kennedy's Car Has Killed More People Than My Gun

With that said, makes me think about the upcoming Presidential elections. Later, I will comment on my pick to be our next President. Just glad that Teddy Kennedy isn't in the running or driving a car that I'm a passenger.

Nothing much happened today, had the day off from work. Mowed the grass, trimmed the hedges, listened to Buck's Trailer Park on KOLE-Fox radio, drove down to Port Bolivar and checked out the Hurricane Huberto damage. Still quite a bit of damage from the storm. Headed back home, stopped at Academy in Port Arthur for some ammo, ammo prices are going out of sight. Tomorrow I plan to pop a few rounds at the Golden Triangle Gun Club. Picked up a nice Sig 226 this week and want to try out the new baby. Will let everyone know the results, had to have one of these guns. Same pistol that Texas DPS and Navy Seals carry, so I know it is going to be reliable.

Until tomorrow, my friends, this was Bob's day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link,will do the same for you.Buck

Anonymous said...

bob, ammunication is sky rocketing in price. have switched over from winchester to russian made monarch to help save $.

Anonymous said...

That Monarch stuff is dirty ammo. Try Blazer Brass. It's cheaper than Monarch, made in the US, wont jam up your weapon and you can get it at your local wally world.

Bob, had a good time shootin with you at the GTGC. Apreciate you lettin' me shoot your Sig. Gonna get rid of my Glock before I shoot myself and get a 226 like yours.