Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Survived Hurricane Gustav


I'm back in town after evacuating to Jasper County. As you can see from the photo, Hurricane Gustav did considerable damage to my lawn chair. I know some residents are mad for having to evacuate and not getting anything of substance from this hurricane but I count my blessing instead. I know it was a hard decision for the county officials and mayors but better safe than sorry.

In case you are wondering why I went to Jasper County with a hurricane approaching, well I actually have an underground bunker constructed at the old home place. Being in the construction business for years, I was able to utilize some of my building knowledge and built this bunker back in 2001. One thousand square feet living area, ten inch concrete walls and half in the ground, propane stove, electricity supplied by a 25K propane generator and a 14,000 BTU air conditioner and heating system. No trees within a 250 foot radius, no worry about trees falling on top of it or blocking the exit.

Now everyone keep your eyes on Ike and Josephine, they are coming like flies on a pile of crap.

Bob

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mow your yard, Bob.

Unknown said...

With a yard that trashy Bob, you'd better not run for public office.

Anonymous said...

We were warned of 20 inches here and all we got was a little drizzle and no wind , those fucking weather forecasters are ass holes. Glad you were missed.