Monday, March 31, 2008

Buck Is Done But Not Forgotten


And that is the way it goes, all of those special things we feel nostalgic for, here goes another one by the way side. With sad feelings, I read today that Buck at Go Get Bucked is hanging up his blogger keyboard and calling it quits. I only knew Buck as a member of his setxtrailerpark.com forum, his blog and a couple of emails we exchanged while he was on KOLE radio. I really enjoyed his Saturday radio program, nothing polished but he made a connection to the common guy in southeast Texas when he talked about the issues at hand.

Buck, after keeping up with you on your blog, I hope you get everything in order to bring your life to the fullest for you and your family. I assume that you are in your early 30's, so when you write about getting older, yes you are getting older. But be glad you are not in my position, I'll turn 58 years young this October and it will be time for another colonoscopy (every 5 years), a nuclear imaging for the heart (every 2 years) and a gloved finger (annually). Until you get to that stage in your life, you are still young. So enjoy it my friend. Time will catch up with you soon enough but until then, enjoy every minute the good Lord gives you.

Thanks for all the good times on the internet and the radio.

Your friend,
Bob

No comments: