Saturday, February 9, 2008

Congress Against D.C. Gun Ban


This is hard for me to believe, that a majority of Congress actually agreed to do this. Of course, the vote breakdown is what you'd expect considering the national leadership of the parties and their positions on gun ownership. In the Senate, Dems voted against it 42-9,while Repubs voted for it 46-3. And in the House, Dems voted against it 162-68, while the Repubs voted for it 182-23. I am amazed, and I really give great credit to those Dems who joined in to get it done, because I know their leadership was threatening them not to vote for it no matter what they or their local constituents thought. I'd like to know all nine of the Dem Sens who voted for it. And also which 3 Repub Sens voted against it. Special thanks to our own, Kay Bailey Hutchison, for spearheading this effort.

Everyone have a safe weekend.

Bob

No comments: