Friday, February 29, 2008

My New Complicated Cell Phone


If you want complicated, then turn to the cell phone industry. This week my old Motorola cell phone crashed and burned.
For the last 6 years, I've carried it on hunting trips to Montana, to the GTGC range, vacation in Canada, and to job sites, so it has
done some traveling. It was to a point that I could barely hear the person on the other end, most likely from being dropped
on rocks, dipped in the snow and falling off my pickup console on the floor board. I went into my local AT&T store
to replace it. After signing in as if I had at a doctors appointment, I finally got my name called. All I wanted was a simple
phone, rotary would've worked for me if they had one. The "AT&T Associate" tried to convience me that I needed a camera
phone but I told him that I had a digital camera and didn't need one on my phone. He tried to convience me that a phone
with GPS tracking was the next best thing but I told him that I really didn't care for all those features. After all
the upgrade selling technics, I finally decided on this phone. I know it is a little complicated but I received a
710 page owners manuel and should be finished reading it by the November elections.

Everyone have a fun and safe weekend, the weather looks good to get out and spend time with the family.

Bob

1 comment:

GATOR said...

These new cell phones are cool and scary at the same time. I have a 3-year-old Nokia but I'm still afraid that every accidental button-push is racking up a charge someplace. And it feels about as large as the one you pictured. You know what's weird? Lately I've been leaving it at home instead of carrying it with me everywhere. I guess that's how I know I'm not a teenager anymore.