Saturday, February 23, 2008

Panhandlers Here, Panhandlers There, Panhandlers Everywhere


Now friends, everyone that knows me are well aware that when I leave the house, I'm packing heat, toting a rod. Tonight I ran over to Walmart on Twin City Highway to pick up some necessities. After checking out, I'm pushing my cart to the truck when a car zooms up next to me while I'm approaching my truck. Two white thugs in their late 20's tell me that they need to get to Houston because their mother just had a heart attack and they needed some gas money to get there. For those who know me, I'll give you the shirt off my back if you really need a shirt, I'll go the extra mile to help someone in need but lets face it- These thugs were nothing more than panhandlers out to get a buck from me to buy drugs, booze or whatever. I just said, "I can't help you." This comment wasn't enough I guess for one of them, as the passenger proceeds to get out of the car and walk towards me. I was wearing a windbreaker and concealing my weapon in an inside waistband holster. When he opened the car door, I immediately pulled back my windbreaker and put my hand on my weapon. I told him not to come any closer to me and was getting ready to pull my weapon when he realized that I was armed. He got back into the car and yelled, "you're a Mother ****" and they sped off.
Friends, I have no doubt that they were going to do harm to me and get what they wanted, my money, maybe my truck too. What saved me was the fact that I have a CHL and was armed. And if needed, I wouldn't hesitate using what I learned.

Now the blessing in all of this is that my wife was going to go instead of me but I told her that I didn't want her out at night especially in some parking lot. So happens, I made the right call because it could've been her.

As I always tell my readers- stay safe and I mean it more than ever.

Bob

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! What were you carrying?

bob said...

Colt Commander .45ACP, Series 80