Monday, December 15, 2008

JD-TEK 170 Equals Crappy Junk- Avoid


Back in early October, I needed a gasoline powered high pressure washer to help my friends clean out their flooded home in Bridge City. I went to the Sutherland's store in Port Arthur and thought I made a good deal when I purchased the JD-TEK washer for $349.99 plus sales tax. I used this washer probably a total of 3 hours before the engine blew up on it. Now here is my dilemma, I dig out the owner's manual and call the toll-free number listed for service and the phone number is not a good one. My next step is to google the internet and find the website for JD-TEK which is http://www.jdchina.com/jdtek/, and here is the statement from their website, Should your unit require service,

do not return it to the store where it was purchased. Please call our Toll-Free Hotline: 866-393-3968

Must provide receipt or proof of purchase at service center, to activate warranty
.

After I called that toll free number and held for 15 minutes on the phone, it turns out that they are a service warranty provider that doesn't service for JD-TEK engines anymore. The lady was kind enough to give me another toll free number to call when I did, I held for 47 minutes before hanging up. So here is your warning, DO NOT PURCHASE JD-TEK CRAP FROM CHINA.

Bob

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

take it back to Sutherlands

Anonymous said...

Lowes...TroyBilt pressure washer for two hundred seventy nine bucks with Briggs Stratton motor...check it out if you don't get Chinese shit repaired.

Anonymous said...

put it out on the range and use it for practice

Anonymous said...

I would call a private investigator complete with faux FBI ID card and get him to swarm on Sutherlands.

Anonymous said...

You probably could stick a hose in the private investigator's mouth and get more psi than from the machine

Anonymous said...

I never had a JD Tek product that lasted more than a year. A good class action lawsuit is needed for these bastards. Buyer beware.