Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Game Warden

A game warden was driving down the road when he came upon a 14 year old Bubba carrying a wild turkey under his arm. He stopped and asked Bubba, "Where did you get that turkey?" Bubba replied, "What turkey?" The game warden said, "That turkey you're carrying under your arm." Bubba looked down and said, "Well, lookee here, a turkey done roosted under my arm!" The game warden said, "Now look, you know turkey season is closed, so what ever you do to that turkey, I'm going to do to you. If you break his leg, I'm gonna break your leg. If you break his wing, I'll break your arm. Whatever you do to him, I'll do to you. So, what are you gonna do with him?" Bubba said, "I guess I'll just kiss his ass and let him go!

OK, now it is KBMT 10 o’clock news last night with the bitching mother and father from the Manning’s Skating Rink incident. With the punch line from the above joke being "kiss his ass and let him go," I guess that is what the rowdy crowd involved in the skating rink disturbance wanted Beaumont PD officer to do to them. They filed their complaints with Bmt. PD yesterday, so let it go from there. Please, no more stories on the TV with a bunch of crybabies that can't baby-sit their own kids.

Since I brought up the subject of game wardens, it is hunting season again. Be careful out there when you’re in the deer or duck blind. Texas Park and Wildlife Game Wardens are watching closely. For those of you that remember some of the old Jefferson County game wardens, everyone should remember Bob Heitman. Bob stood about 6’5", flat top haircut and went by the book. We would joke that Bob would write his mother a ticket but was a good enough son that he would loan her the money to pay the fine. Does anyone know if Bob is still in the area? When he retired, he was still living in Port Acres. Next time I see Billy Halfin, I’ll ask him about Bob.

That’s it for today my friends, Bob

No comments: