Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tired of "Made in China" Crap

Is anything still made in America? Being in the construction business for over 25 years, I’ve seen good American made products fade away and now everything is made in China and it’s CRAP. I replaced my air compressor this week and bought Porter-Cable brand at Sutherland’s since it was "Made in U.S.A." On the warranty card, I checked off reason for purchase as being made in America. Hope they pay attention and remember that was the reason for my purchase.
Yesterday, I sent one of my employees to the Carquest auto parts store to get oil filters for the company crew trucks. I like using Carquest filters since Wix Filter in Georgia manufactures them. They’ve had the reputation as a good quality filter for years. Guess what, "Made in China" stamped on the boxes and filters. Lord, what is happening to this county? I wouldn’t give you 2 cents for Chinese made pistol but there are other opinions when it comes to firearms. And yes, I’m guilty, I purchased a Sig 226 last month. But try buying U.S.A. products and I’m finding out that it is hard to do so.
I could list thousands of items made overseas that should be made in the U.S.A., but all of you know what they are. Starting today, I’m going to take a harder look at everything I buy, if I can find American made in the same item, I will buy it, even if it cost more. I know the quality will be better, so I can justify the higher cost.
Also, earlier this week, I said that I was considering a Kubota tractor, well they are made in Japan. Someone left a comment to look at John Deere brand. Even smaller John Deere tractors aren’t made in the U.S.A.
So I’m making the commitment to "BUY AMERICAN", Can you take the same commitment?
Bob
http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/shoppingindex.html

No comments: